CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Catching Up

This may be one of the last posts from this site, the new site is almost done, so exciting!!! I have been bad about posting swaps, so here are all the ones I have done since we moved, and a few vintage finds thrown in for good measure. I am only participating in a couple swaps right now because I really want to focus on getting the new site up and going.

Today is Gab's 11th birthday and I took cupcakes to her class, and ate lunch with her. As I was leaving I realized that was the LAST time I will bring her cupcakes to school, and it made me sad:( We got her a pink adult size beach cruiser and she looks adorable on it, I will post a pic in the near future, she wants to get a basket for it.

A funny thing happened today, I was going to the post office to mail some swaps. I parked and removed the 3 packages from the car and set them on the ground between my car and the car next to me. I was next to this cars passenger side. I got Graham out of his seat and while I was mentaly trying to figure out how to carry him and the packages he is leaning way down and waving to the man in the car next to us and the man was waving back. The man gets out of his car and puts his arms out to Graham and he goes right to him. This man had a black cowboy hat on and reminded me of my Papa, he was sweet. He carried Graham into the post office so i could carry the packages. Why didn't I use the stroller you ask, I was in a hurry. We walk into the post office and the this older lady has a very perplexed look on her face as she stares at this man holding Graham and I walk in behind them. He hands little dude to me and I thank him and off he goes. As the perplexed lady passes me on the way out she nicely says that was my husband, and I said he was so sweet to help me out, and she said" He can be nice once in a while." They had obviously been married for about 50 years.




I sent this swap for Vintage, Shabby, retro.

Sent for FAA Lucky Parcel.

Received for Vintage Shabby,Retro, so pretty.

She hand made these pins! LOVE THEM!!

My friend Shara at Monkeybox sent me this package just for fun, I am excited about the CA Zinnias. It was such a nice unexpected surprise.

Love the vintage fisher price toys, got this one at a garage sale for 50 cents. Graham loves it.

Just a photo of my growing collection of vintage aqua pottery, I just unpacked it and put it on top of the TV cabinet.

Here is the cute black chair I got a few weekends ago for a couple of bucks. The seat needs recovering, but it is sturdy and the shape is darling.

Here is the mantle I got for 2$ at the same sale, it came from an old nursery farm house here in Greensboro, they tore it down and built a school. I think it will become a shelf to hold some of my goodies!




I got this vintage ceramic Christmas tree over the weekend at a garage sale and it was 1$!!! I have about 5 others and this one will be a nice addition to the collection.

I got these vintage music books at a church sale over the weekend, I plan on keeping one and selling the others for all you colagers out there.


This is a swap I received from Heidi over at Spiritual Knitter. We were partners in the vintage apron swap hosted by Mama&Jack. She was only required to send ONE apron and she got carried away and sent a bunch of pretty flowery stuff and the cute vintage apron below.
I sent this for the Pink and Brown swap, I knitted the pink wash cloth.


I sent this for the Fat Quarters Just for you swap and my partner is a blue bottle collector, I found both of these at the thrift.



Here is a pic of all the great goodies I received from Heidi at Vacuuming in High Heels and Pearls. We were partners in the Sweet Goodness Paris swap. I really enjoyed being partnered with Heidi!!!

A close up of the sweet vintage tea cup she sent.

Bath salts for the girls vintage Paris themed bath room.

This is now hanging in th girls bathroom, it looks super cute, once we paint I will post a photo.


Here are the goodies I sent her.



A close up of the vintage scrabble tile necklace I made.


Another close up.

I knitted this market bag for her, it is suppose to stretch and hold a lot. I think it turned out great and it was super easy to make.


Received for Fat Quarters just for your, love the colors.



Other goodies she sent me, so pretty and pink!

Received from 5 things owl finally, Love the pink owl, she is so cute and will take up residence in my sewing room!

The rest of the 5 things.

Pink and brown received, LOVE the little deer, she is going in the sewing room too! My partner made the pin cushion, it is so pretty!

The rest of the goodies.


The fabric made me drool, I can't wait to use it!

This is what it all came in.

Gabby modeling the darling apron my partner made.

All the goodies back in the box!

Off to bed!!

4 comments:

twinkleshabbystar said...

Jenn, Omigosh!!!! Sooo many swap yummies!!! I oooh'ing and aaaah'ing over so many things. Im especially squeeling over the pin cushions!!! Lucky girl! Your daughter Gabby is such an excellent model. Such a pretty girl! :) Smiles,Jenn

Sarah and Jack said...

Your apron is so flippin sweet!

Heidi said...

This is just 'a couple of swaps'? You are the swapping queen!

Jen said...

Okay, so I totally dig me that Xmas tree..................
When you go out on your next hunt, find one for me.
OR better yet, come here and you can take me out hunting for some treasures.
Seriously.
I.
Need.
to.
Get.
OUT!!!